Create a virtual creature which is puppeteered-by or responds-to the user’s mouse, microphone, and/or hands. The requirements are as follows:
- Create your creature in p5.js in a canvas whose dimensions are 640 x 360. (I recommended this 16:9 aspect ratio since it will produce good video documentation.)
- Record an interaction with your creature in a brief (~10 second) video or animated GIF screen capture.
- In a blog post on this site, write a paragraph that discusses your development process, and critiques your work. Name your creature (or its species).
- Embed a still image of your project.
- Embed a photograph or scan of any sketches you made.
- Upload and embed your video and/or GIF.
- Title the blog post, nickname-Creature
- Categorize the blog post, 05-Creature
Your creature is due at the beginning of class on Wednesday, March 17.
- Demonstration of mouse interaction techniques
- Demonstration of microphone interaction techniques and a clean simple one.
- Connie’s demonstration of audio-sensitive design
- Zeno’s Interpolation Demo (Position)
- Zeno’s Interpolation (Color)
- Smoothly change the frequency of a sinusoid
- Demonstration of 2D hand capture (sketch) using handsfree.js (documentation)
Connie’s Quadruped Template (sketch):